Adapted from a recipe in Peas & Thank You (definitely a company-only treat--this has flour, chocolate chips, nuts, & sugar---not health food at all)
This is "enlightened"--oil removed--but nuts, added.
• 2 1/2 cups oat flour or white whole wheat flour (this is a pastry flour, although it won't say that on the bag)
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3 cup soymilk (regular, not lite)
• 3/4 cup applesauce + more if batter is too dry
• 1 cup organic sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchinis)
• 2/3 cup good quality vegan chocolate chips
• For egg substitute: mix 1 TBS of flax meal + 3 TBS of water--set aside
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon
3. In a medium bowl beat milk, applesauce (have extra applesasuce to on hand, to add, if batter is too dry) sugar, vanilla, & flax/water mixture
4. Fold in the shredded zucchini, chocolate chips, & nuts
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture & stir until just combined.
6. Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan (a silicone one works great--no need to grease, at all) and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Keep an eye on it. You don't won't this to overbake!!!!
7. Place on a cooling rack & let cool completely before slicing.
8. Once cooled, wrap this up very well in foil to retain the moisture.