This soup was a huge hit with everyone at the HGK & Chef AJ potluck.
Wendy's husband kept asking, "Who made this soup? It's amazing! You have to taste this soup."
It makes a huge amount--so it could be cut in half & stayed nicely heated in a giant crockpot.
2 large 32 oz. containers of vegetable stock
1 head of cauliflower, cored, and cut into florets
2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed into 1/2" cubes
1 tablespoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
Pinch of red cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter (optional)
2 - 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 bag of spinach (or add chopped greens of your choice)
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2" cubes, place in pot with stock, cook 10 minutes
2. Add cauliflower florets to pot, boil an additional 10 minutes
3. When cauliflower & sweet potatoes are tender, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (optional), whisk through
4. Use an immersion blender & blend soup into desired consistency (do this BEFORE adding the turmeric or curry to avoid staining your blender.
5. Add turmeric, curry, salt, pepper, & cayenne
6. Add chickpeas
7. Add greens
Adjust seasonings to taste. If soup is too liquidy, add a scoop of cooked brown rice or more greens.